Sunday, December 9, 2007

Late Nights/Distractions/Finals Week

Lots of random stuff here tonight. So much of my life is structured. Class time. Time outside class. Paper writing. Debate speeches (HA!). Okay maybe not a *lot* of my time is structured, but too much of it is. As least for my liking. Therefore you get a random and unstructured post tonight.

First... hmm... I really like staying up late. Pretty much everyone who knows me understands my late night habits. For some reason I can think clearly at night. My thoughts understand what I am reading. They can focus better than any other time of the day. In all honesty, I am never tired. I am tired mornings and afternoons and evenings. But I wake up completely past midnight.

Distractions are amazing. I don't think I've ever had a bad one. At least this semester. People have distracted me from my work. Which hasn't been bad because I haven't had a ton of work comparatively. Next year might be different. But for now I enjoy every chance I get for conversation. Every opportunity to learn something about someone's personality that never struck me before. Such things are worth it, and I am blessed....

The end of the semester brings many emotions for me. I am going to miss being gone from my friends, and from my home here at school for the entire four week break we get. I am trying not to think about how soon it will come. The goal of course is, to enjoy this week as much as possible.

I simply hope that I am understood... that what people see in me is what they truly get...

.... Random ...

No comments: