Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Summer's Here!

The fast from pop has lasted just over a week. I really cannot promise it lasting too long either. The weather is getting warmer, highs into the 80's. The factory is really warm during the day, and the ten hour shifts make me want a pepsi soooo bad. I know it is pathetic. But so long as I reduce my dependency on caffeine, and avoid drinking as much as I did last semester, I do not see the harm in drinking it. Although I do not want to be the first to cave in... this tortuous fast needs to end at some point right?

It is nice to be home for the summer in many ways. Working so much has enabled me to throw my energies into something worthwhile that pays well. At the same time there is just enough time to enjoy things that one cannot enjoy at Hillsdale. I've been to four of Nathanael's little league games now. For some reason he cannot seem to hit the baseball, so it has become my summer goal to teach him how to do that.

Random trips to the beach are also worth it. Props to Cassie, Krystle, and Sean for getting me out of my room onto the beautiful lake just in time to watch the sun set. That is one thing that I miss down at Hillsdale. The ability to drive to the beach... in less than a half hour.

This summer is going to be a good one...

1 comment:

Pascal said...

Aaaah, come on, Matt, you can do without Pepsi. If you're thirsty, just drink some water or fruit juice or something. :)