Sunday, August 12, 2007

The End of Summer

At the beginning of summer, I wrote a post titled "The Beginning of Summer." Creative isn't it? I think that is when I came up with the crazy idea to not drink pop for an extended period of time. The ideas I come up sometime..
It does not seem like it should be the end of summer. It has not sunk in yet that this is my LAST week at home, even as other friends are headed back to their schools for RA training.
There is much to think about concerning this summer. It was pretty quiet in many ways as friends from high school continue to go in different directions. Even more of them became engaged, or got married.
California would be the definite highlight of the summer. I am so glad I spent the money and took the time off from work to make so many amazing memories with the Howards.

The news from this past weekend is a sobering way to end the summer. Life can end so fast, even to those one least expects it to end for. My heart aches for all those mourning for their son and daughter, their brother and sister, their grandson and granddaughter. Life can end so fast--- it is almost unfair...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary - I think we've been living parallel lives.

Substitute "Life So Far This Summer" for "The Beginning of Summer" and "Waterloos" for "Howards", and they're identical.

I'm going to be at Rivertown tomorrow or Wednesday night - might you be interested in (briefly) hanging out at B&N again before school restarts?