Monday, June 15, 2009

Beginning of Week Three

They tell me the first week is the slowest... the rest all fly by. If last week was any indication how fast the summer will go, I am slightly scared. I started my third week in D.C. by continuing my research on the health care legislation. This is already quite the controversy on Capitol Hill as the Democrats continue to fight among themselves about which plan will be best. For the time being, the Republicans seem content to stand back and watch the Democrats argue... while maintaining a fairly unified commitment to oppose the single-payer option proposed by liberals including Ted Kennedy.

This evening I met Dr. Gamble after work at a Borders just off of the Pentagon City metro stop. Some fellow students also met up with him including Will, Zach, Julie, Ben Stafford (alumni), and Dakota. We ended up having a delicious dinner at a pizza place. Dr. Gamble was gracious enough to cover the cost of the meal. What a blessing for a group of D.C. college student interns!

Tomorrow is back to work. Probably nothing too exciting... except more health care legislation...

No comments: