Saturday, June 6, 2009

End of Week 1!

Week one is done and over! I am already looking forward to the start of next week. I plan on crashing 2-3 FREE lunches either at the building I work at, or the Heritage Foundation. Hopefully it works out!

I had a fairly busy Friday. I met with Dr. Bobb in the morning to discuss my independent study with him this summer. It will be a fair amount of work so hopefully he does not go too hard on me. He did seem to understand how busy I would be with work so I'm not too worried. After work on Friday I rode the orange line to Fairfax, Virginia to see my friend Will. We had a nice, leisurely dinner and then went back to the house where he is staying this summer. I ended up spending the night there and getting up early this morning to head back here. Will has a photography internship which requires weekend assignments. Since there was a big "Race for the Cure" this morning in D.C., he had to be up early to cover that. Thus the early Saturday morning!

As for today, I mainly just sat around the house. I finished Lewis's "Screwtape Letters," caught up on e-mails, and made a few phone calls. Tomorrow is church and then afterwards I am meeting up with Liz at the Smithsonian! Should be a fun afternoon....

For now... I think I'm headed to bed... soon....

No comments: