Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weeeeeekend!

My weekend essentially started on Thursday. Julie won a free happy hour from 10-12pm. I decided to spend Thursday and Friday night with James in Georgetown. We went to Trader Joe's and bought food... had grilled cheese for dinner and then headed out. It was actually a lot of fun as we got to meet up with Julie, William, John K, and Maria. Friday was work of course... as we ended a busy legislative week. Friday after work James and I took it easy and watched the Stanley Cup (of which nothing more will be said).

Today Andrew came into town for the day and James and I met him this morning at the newly opened/renovated American History museum. Liz, Zach, Sam, and later William also came out. It was a lot of fun at the museum and the great restaurant we went to for lunch. We also walked around the Washington Monument to check out the jazz festival.

After Andrew left I went back with James to grab my stuff and then came back here. My host family is gone until tomorrow night so I have the house to myself minus Quincy the dog. It is starting to thunder so I think another storm is coming. I basically talked on the phone to Adam and Manuel for most of the evening.

Tomorrow evening I am meeting Dr. Gamble in town for dinner. I am looking forward to seeing him. This concludes another blog post. Hope you are still awake!

No comments: