Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fastest Week Yet!

I cannot believe this week is done and over. It flew by so fast I completely lost time. Health care has been the dominating legislative issue. I have read through large portions of the bill. Naturally I am disliking it very much...
Once again the Republicans, just like in 1993, will rely on centrist Democrats to help kill the measure. We shall see how things play out. Republican offices across the Hill all experienced a tiring and frustrating week...

Outside my work I had a fairly busy week. I had drinks with Will, Zach, and Julie on Wednesday. Thursday night Hillsdale College held an alumni reception in a conference room at the Supreme Court. Good food and wine to drink... along with the plans of the college to harness the 276 alumni that they know of in the area to help out the undergraduate interns during the summer and after college. There are currently 52 Hillsdale College undergrads interning in D.C.

I came home from work and took it easy last night. Will stopped by for only the best American beer ever... I think we might head out to take pictures of the monuments at night sometime this evening...

21 days until Adam!

No comments: