Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some time off from work...

Eagle Forum, which is a leading conservative pro-family PAC, is hosting its 16th annual Collegian Leadership Summit this Thursday and Friday at the Heritage Foundation. They are featuring a variety of conservative speakers including many congressman, academics, and a journalists. Hillsdale's own Dr. Folsom will be there as well. They are serving lunch and dinner tomorrow and lunch on Friday. I figure it will definitely be worth my time and get me out of the office for a few days.

Friday is shaping up to be a busy day anyways. Dr. Moreno is in town to give a lecture early Friday morning and Hillsdale students get a chance to meet former Senator/presidential candidate/actor Fred Thompson later in the afternoon. My plan is to skip out on the conference sometime after lunch on Friday to read for a bit and then go to the Fred Thompson event.

I think I'm getting a cold. My throat is a bit full and I'm feeling a bit off today. I should probably find some time to rest this weekend but it is already filling up. Saturday morning I have a White Horse tour that Keal managed to squeeze me in on. Then we are planning a birthday party for Sam in the afternoon. I will likely spend the night at Will's so we can go to the OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian) church in Vienna, Virginia on Sunday morning.

Last night James and I went to the Capitol Lounge after work for drinks and 35 cent wing night. They were delicious and it was nice to unwind a bit. Tonight I am meeting my old friend Kaitlyn for dinner at Chipotle's. Then I will go home and rest.

It's been a slow week thus far as Congress has only recently returned. Things should pick up once health care mark ups begin.

My office finally released my press release. You can check it out by clicking here. Less than 60 days until class starts...

No comments: