Sunday, July 5, 2009

We've reached the half-way point

Technically speaking, I have actually surpassed the half-way point. Five weeks from tonight I will be with Adam and six weeks I will be home. Seven weeks I will be back in Hillsdale. It's funny how time works...

Thursday evening Dakota came over and we ate frozen pizza and drank Killians. It was a nice, chill way to begin the weekend. Friday was amazing because it was a day off! I met Julie, Dakota, Katherine, and Emily in Chinatown for an American Studies major lunch at Gordon Biersch. The five of us compose a majority of our eight person major. It was nice to see everyone and I enjoyed conducting "business" over lunch in D.C.

After lunch we walked around the Portrait Gallery and the Art museum for a while. Later on in the afternoon after everyone had gone their separate ways, I met up with William for sushi. It had been a while since we both had last enjoyed sushi so we found a good restaurant with reasonable prices. We will definitely be headed back there again before the end of summer.

Saturday I met William and Dakota for lunch at the Cosi's in Rosslyn and then Dakota and I met up with Liz and the visiting and road-tripping Juls. William had to run back home to upload his pictures from the morning Fourth of July parade in D.C. Meanwhile the rest of us explored more of the Smithsonian including another trip back to the Portrait Gallery to check out the exhibit on the U.S. Presidents (which myself and the rest of the group did not get to on Friday). William met up with us and we grabbed dinner at Potbelly's and took it with us to the Mall to wait for fireworks. We played euchre and watched the crowd grow larger and larger. The fireworks were great, but I think if I did it again, I'd get there earlier in order to sit even close. Although I heard Arlington across the river was a good place to watch them as well. After the fireworks, Will, Dakota, and I grabbed drinks across from Union Station.

Today has given me the chance to relax and rest up for the coming week. I'm reading "All the Kings Men" and watching some of "Legally Blonde" with my host family. A nice, chill Sunday evening...

No comments: