Thursday, July 2, 2009

When Thursday equal Friday

I got to go to the House floor yesterday with Keal our friendly staff assistant. It is a pretty stunning place actually. It is hard to imagine how much important stuff goes on there. And the fact that the legislation debated and passed there actually effects the entire country. All that aside, I enjoyed the few minutes down there. It all looks smaller than it does on tv.

Keal also got me a White House tour on July 11. I am taking Julie and Will with me.

Tomorrow Katherine comes in, and her and the four American Studies majors interning in D.C. summer (including myself) are meeting up for lunch. We might go to Arlington which would be fitting and appropriate.

The office is quiet today. We are just sitting around waiting for the day to end. James and his staff are doing the same thing. One of our staffers brought in a delicious breakfast dish. The same guy bought me fried chicken for lunch. Sometimes being an intern isn't that bad...

No comments: